[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11alpha6

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Apr 23 23:38:00 BST 2004

On Friday April 23 2004 13:00, Steven Robson wrote:
> I'm getting some more build errors with the alpha6 snapshot.
> Build log is enclosed.
> The typeinfo issue appears to have gone away.

The KIconThemeDir issue has been an annoyance since the first
PyKDE version I worked on. Lately, the problem seemed to have
disappeared for some unknown reason.

KIconThemeDir is a class that's forward declared in the h file,
but defined in the .cpp file, so it's inaccessible to sip (and
to PyKDE as well).  Ordinarily sip handles these, but in this
case it never has until the last 2 or 3 versions (on my
systems). That being the case, I quit modifying the kicontheme.h
file in recent releases.

The fix is very easy - open extra/kde3xx/kicontheme.h in an
editor and comment out (//) the 2 lines that contain a reference
to KIconThemeDir (the forward declaration and another reference
near the end of the file).  Look at one of the
extra/kde30x/kicontheme.h files if you're not sure.

I'll go back to doing this again in future releases (I was hoping
to be able to drop the modified file altogether). kde3xx is the
directory that corresponds to your KDE version (eg extra/kde320
for KDE3.2.0).

If you upgrade KDE, you'll probably need to change kicontheme.h
in the corresponding new kde3xx directory.

> Thanks for the massive amount of effort on this.

My pleasure - the bugs have been pretty simple so far.

Jim