[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11-alpha6 with sip4

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Sat Apr 24 23:45:00 BST 2004

Jim Bublitz schrieb:
> On Saturday April 24 2004 11:27, Torsten Marek wrote:
>
>>Hello Jim,
>

>>I spend my afternoon and I finally got dcop and kdecore to
>>compile for now. The issues are:
>

>>- missing casts (can be solved by little script, as you
>>proposed, actually, I used sed)
>

>>- missing include of fixx11h.h
>>	It just does not get included. If I add it in TypeHeaderCode
>>of fixx11h.sip, it will be included before the X includes,
>>which makes it useless. Temporary workaround for kdecore: add
>>#undef Unsorted
>>to sipqtQDir.h
>

> fixx11.sip is empty right now, probably because of some #defines
> or #undefs I didn't do. You can add the #undef in the
> TypeHeaderCode block too if that helps, or add a modified
> fixx11.h to the extra/kde32* directories - fixx11 is on my list
> of things to look at anyway.
>
> However, as far as I can tell, nothing else in kdelibs depends on
> fixx11.h - I didn't worry about the empty sip file, because it
> wasn't supposed to be in PyKDE in the first place. It's ignored
> when I select files now, but because there was a sip file
> created that I didn't delete, it gets copied into a new release
> automatically - treated as an obsolete or legacy file. It
> shouldn't be generating any code.
>
> Do you know of a reason it's needed in PyKDE?
Yes, QDir does need it. The enum Sortspec contains an entry "Unsorted"
(l. 80 in qdir.h from qt 3.2.3).
X.h (from XFree86 4.3.0) also defines Unsorted, at least on Debian:
/* SetClipRectangles ordering */

#define Unsorted                0
#define YSorted                 1
#define YXSorted                2
#define YXBanded                3

I needed a lot of time to figure out why g++ refused to compile, error
message was "Error while parsing numeric constant", until I looked into
the cpp output, where
Unsorted = 0x03,
was preprocessed to
0 = 0x03,

>>- sip4 can't handle return types which are references to
>>complex types with abstract functions
>>	This is the case for KShortcutList::shortcut(int) and
>>::defaultShortcut(int). Both return "const KShortcut&". If
>>:: circumvented
>>this issue by removing
>>if(!meth)
>>	return *new const KShortcut&();
>>from both virtual handlers in sipKShortcutList. But to
>>actually solve this issue, we need Phil's assistance.
>

> KShortcut isn't abstract, I don't think. Not sure what's going on
> here.
Sorry, I was not clear enough. The problem are the following to
functions of KShortcutList:

     virtual const KShortcut& shortcut (uint) const = 0;
     virtual const KShortcut& shortcutDefault (uint) const = 0;

They are abstract, thus sipKShortcutList::shortcut(...) and
KShortcutList::shortcutDefault(...) try to create a new instance of
KShortcut if no Python method is defined, since they cannot call a class
method in KShortcutList. The problem is that they create it with
if(!meth)
	return *new const KShortcut&();
which fails to compile, it complains that it is not possible to create a
simple type with new.
The affedted lines are 51336 and 51351 in sipkdecorepart0.cpp generated
by sip4.

>>- there was %MemberCode somewhere in the .sips - just changed
>>it to %MethodCode.
>

> The only one I found is in kio/kurifilter.sip. Shouldn't have
> missed it, but it's an easy fix (next alpha release). I might
> have copied over an old file from a previous version.
Yes, it was this one.

>>configure.py runs fine.
>

>>So what we need is a solution for the fixx11h.h and the
>>abstract method return types.
>>I checked and I was able to import kdecore, but I did not run
>>any intensive tests, and the example scripts all another
>>module.
>

> Thanks - this is really helpful.

I'm glad I can help!

greetings

Torsten

--
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858