[PyKDE] PyKDE 3.11-alpha6 with sip4

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Apr 27 06:12:00 BST 2004

I have a PyKDE compile set that will compile all the way through
(including a new kmdi module). Would you like a copy?

As far as I can tell, there is only one minor sip error involving
a variable in kjs (missing cast in sip generated code), plus a
couple questions I have for Phil - I'll email him later.

There is one more remaining bug - a kdeui class (not sure which
one yet) has multiple base classes and Python (I believe) can't
create a "consistent method resolution order" for them. There's
usually an easy way to work around those, but I just haven't
looked at it yet. That prevents kdeui or later modules from

I also need to go back over the compiler warnings (some come from
sip generated code, some from my handwritten code) and see which
indicate something that really needs fixing. There's a bunch,
but none look that critical.

Let me know if you want a tarball.

Jim