[PyKDE] Eric3 First impressions and questions

Kirill Lapshin kir at lapshin.net
Wed Apr 28 00:42:01 BST 2004

Phil Thompson wrote:

>>The only obstacle for making it the tool of choice in my
>>company is Qt, PyQt licenses for windows platform. We'll have to figure
>>it out with Trolltech and Riverbank. I guess in worst case we'll shell
>>out money for BlackAdder just to get those licenses.
>>

>That won't help. The version of Qt/PyQt that comes with BlackAdder are subsets
>and will not run eric3.

Ugh. I see. Thanks for info.

>>BTW, question to list: what is the easiest/cheapest way to run Eric on
>>Windows?
>>

>There is only one way and that is to buy comercial versions of Qt and PyQt.

Should we buy developer license for each user? Or maybe one developer
license, will allow us to install Eric with Qt/PyQt runtime on all boxes?

Buying developer license for every user would be very unfortunate --
licenses are quite expensive, and we don't really need developer
licenses, all we need is runtime.

Thanks.

--Kirill