[PyKDE] Eric3 First impressions and questions

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Wed Apr 28 17:36:01 BST 2004

I heard Phil Thompson said:

> You must take the same steps as you would if developing an
> application for external users. If your users have access to the Qt
> API then they will be considered developers and each will need a
> license. If not, then you only need one for the person "developing"
> your eric package.

Hmm, and when you're done, I think maybe you'll want to put the Eric3
Windows binary up somewhere, along with a large "Donations!" button to
try to recoup your loss. It's a real pity that the interpreted way
Python works would force simple users to get a developper license...
But maybe there are still ways to do with it.

-- S.