[PyKDE] (no subject)

Patrick ajole-1 at gci.net
Tue Aug 3 02:34:01 BST 2004

I've run into a problem with virtual functions and sip-4. The problem does not
exist in sip-3.

I have a superclass with a (non-pure) virtual function, and a couple of
subclasses that re-implement it. I create an object or two of the subclasses
and register them with my C++ library through an exposed python method. My
C++ code then calls the virtual functions, which are *not* reimplemented in
python.
The problem is that when sip_api_is_py_method is called, that thread stops
when it tries to acquire the GIL. I have checked that don't have ANY calls
from C++ into python via virtual methods (which is where another thread could
have acquired the lock and not returned),

Where else should I look, and would this be some sort of a bug or another
caveat for using C++ bindings?