[PyKDE] KDialogBase bug(?) with IconList and TreeList dialogFace

Matt T. Matt at Boons.net
Wed Dec 29 05:15:13 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 06:49, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 December 2004 11:25, Matt T. wrote:
> > a = QApplication(sys.argv)
>
> Use KApplication instead of QApplication - works for me.

yes, stupid me, of course, that was it. THANKS!

I had to add some code as you explained in the thread "KTrader woes?" Fri, 31
Oct 2003 (see below), assuming that setting KAboutData and KCmdLineArgs
before calling KApplication () is still the recommended way of doing it.

It is amazing how easy and fast developing a kde app is with pykde. I've done
it with C++, and it takes a lot of writing, and now I can do the same with a
few lines of code only, and it works the same. Now I will play with
kprocess :-)

Thanks for making that possible!
Matt

> Jim

< -------"KTrader woes?" Jim Bublitz Fri, 31 Oct 2003 ---------------

description = "A basic application template"
version     = "1.0"
aboutData   = KAboutData ("", "",\
    version, description, KAboutData.License_GPL,\
    "(C) 2003 whoever the author is")

# you can probably omit these if you don't need them
aboutData.addAuthor ("author1", "whatever they did",\
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]")
aboutData.addAuthor ("author2", "they did something else",\
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]")

KCmdLineArgs.init (sys.argv, aboutData)

# this isn't necessary either (?)
KCmdLineArgs.addCmdLineOptions ([("+files", "File to open")])

app = KApplication ()
mainWindow = MainWin (None, "main window")
mainWindow.show()
app.exec_loop()