[PyKDE] Japanese in PyQt on Zaurus

Torben M Hansen torhans at inbox.lv
Wed Feb 4 12:05:01 GMT 2004

So I managed to compile pyuic for use with Zaurus. Thanks to Phil Thomson.

Now using it I experinece a new problem. It seems that the only encoding
supported by Zaurus is eucJP which unfortunately is not supported by python.
So how do I get Japanese displayed in the Qt user interface?

Writing Japanese directly in Qt-designer results in the following error:

	self.leKanji.setText(self.tr(QString.fromUtf8("???garble???")))
TypeError: argument 1 of QDialog.tr() has invalid type.

Thanks
Torben