[PyKDE] PyThreadState_Get, PyEval_*Thread, NULL tstate.

Patrick Stinson ajole-1 at gci.net
Thu Feb 12 21:54:00 GMT 2004

I posted a while ago about the 'PyEval_RestoreThread: NULL tstate:' error, and
now I'm getting the same problem with PyThreadState_Get (if I remember
correctly, its the call that happens before PyEval_RestoreThread).

urls:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pykde%40mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/msg01437.html
http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/pipermail/pykde/2003-December/006798.html
and even earlier:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pykde%40mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/msg01437.html

As Before, I'm writing an audio application that uses background threads for
buffering and audio streaming. The threads are entirely contained in my c++
(sipped) lib and execution never enters python code. What could cause a NULL
thread state in the interpreter? This occurs at different times, and with
what seem slike varying levels of complexity in pyqt Gui code. Does anyone
know how I should be interpreting this? What does this generally mean?