[review] [PyKDE] pykde build failure

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Feb 13 20:02:00 GMT 2004

On Friday February 13 2004 04:13, Florian Idelberger wrote:
> After some dependency problems I've got a problem which I
> haven't been able to solve until now.
> when type python build.py to build pykde, I get the following
> error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "build.py", line 1038, in ?
>     main (sys.argv)
>   File "build.py", line 989, in main
>     dis = Discovery (opts, usingSip, usingQt, usingPyQt,
> usingKDE, usingPyKDE, isPyKDE)
>   File "build/discover.py", line 483, in __init__
>     self.discoverQt3 (opts)
>   File "build/discover.py", line 608, in discoverQt3
>     self.qtIncl = DiscoverQt3Incl ("qglobal.h", [os.path.join
> (self.qt.path, "include"), qtInclDir])
>   File "build/discover.py", line 202, in __init__
>     Discover.__init__ (self, target, searchPath)
>   File "build/discover.py", line 45, in __init__
>     self.search (target, searchEntry)
>   File "build/discover.py", line 58, in search
>     if os.path.isdir (searchEntry)\
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/posixpath.py", line 187, in isdir
>     st = os.stat(path)
> TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list
> found florian at zitto:~/PyKDE-3.8.0$
>
> Any ideas?
> Tthanks in advance, florian

I don't recall seeing this before. Could you try the following:

1. In PyKE-3.8/build/discover.py: add:

	print target, searchPath

after line 202 in DiscoverQt3Incl.__init__

2. target should be qglobal.h - could you check whatever prints
for searchPath, and see if qglobal.h is there (I suspect the
searchPath, won't be correct in the first place).

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Jim