[PyKDE] Solaris 9 / Sip problem

Albert Chin pykde at lists.thewrittenword.com
Sat Feb 14 09:05:01 GMT 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:00:36PM -0800, Faulconer, Steven M. wrote:
> I'm replying to my own comment since I resolved the issue. I edited the
> Makefile in the siplib subdirectory and added '-lCrun' to the LIBS tag. I
> then deleted the currently compiled libsip.so, recompiled, installed and am
> able to import qt successfully. Thanks to Albert Chin for making me see what
> I was missing.

If you ldd your python binary, it should have -lCrun. That's the
problem, not that sip isn't linked with -lCrun. This means that
*every* C++ Python module will have the problem unless python is
linked with -lCrun (which happens when you link the final python
executable with Sun's C++ compiler).

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)