[PyKDE] Buiding sip, the first step seemed to go fine, but ...

hcohen2 hcohen2 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 21:24:00 GMT 2004

I ran the command (for building sip): "python configure.py" and it
seemed to have gone without a problem.  [Note I used no command line
switches.]  Afterware I saw some mention that the make encountered a few
errors - and my first impression they were minor.  Later I discovered
that I missed many lines of output and there was an extensive list of
errors, mostly unknown or unset values.

Does this error list mean I had a failure?  The sipconfig.py file
generated was nearly 1600 lines.  Should I clean up and rerun or does
this tend to look worse than it really is?

I am bothered because some of the messages implied that in the make the
system does not really know where to install anything.  I had been doing
other things so it was quite late when I noticed the failure was much
more extensive than the summary.  That is, I did not have the entire run
history messages due to running other commands and searches.

What is my safest route?  Clean up all generated files and rerun with
more extensive instructions on the configure?  If the latter what
command switches should I add?  Moreover, if added should they be within
quotes?  At present everything is still only in my /tmp/sip-3.10 directory.

Thanks