[PyKDE] how to use sip?

Uwe Mayer merkosh at hadiko.de
Mon Feb 16 19:36:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

sorry for this newbe question, but I just don't get sip running. I've read the
documentation and it doesn't say anything on how the structure of the
specification file.

I downloaded, compiled and installed the newes version of sip: 4.0 RC2, but
sip even returns an error when I feed it any of the current PyQt .sid
files...:

$ sip qtimer.sip
sip: qtimer.sip:32: class definition not allowed in a C module

All I wanted was to derive from QListViewItem and overwrite the key() method.
The C++ implementation is ready and compiles, just the Python binding is
missing.

Currently I got the files
qlistviewitemnumeric.cpp
qlistviewitemnumeric.sip
qlistviewitemnumeric.h

-- qlistviewitemnumeric.sip --
%Module QListViewItemNumeric

class QListViewItemNumeric :QListViewItem {
%TypeHeaderCode
#include <qlistview.h>
%End

public:
  QListViewItemNumeric( QListView * );

  virtual void setNumeric( int );
  virtual QString key( int, bool ) const;
};
-- end --

and calling sip yields:

$ sip qlistviewitemnumeric.sip
sip: QListViewItem has not been defined

and does nothing.

Perhaps someone can give me some pointers.

Thanks in advance
Uwe