[PyKDE] KControl Modules II (Simon Edwards)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Jan 4 08:41:30 GMT 2004

On Saturday January 3 2004 14:18, Simon Edwards wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 07:28 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > On Saturday January 3 2004 10:20, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > > way cool! What was the general solution BTW?

> > Basically maintaining a thread state variable along with the

> /me pretends to fully understand. :)

Don't feel bad - I don't feel too confident about it either.

> > The change is only in the later versions of PyKDE-3.8 (like
> > the one available at riverbankcomputing).

> What are the lucky version numbers at the moment for getting
> everything working and reasonably up to date? sip 3.8, pyqt
> 3.8, pykde 3.8? is sip 3.8 and pyqt 3.8 still up on riverbank?

Yes - all the 3.8 stuff. In an earlier msg, Gerard indicated he
still had sip/PyQt 3.8 source at:

http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/download.html

and the version of PyKDE you want is the one currently on the
riverbankcomputing site. Unfortunately, there are some build
problems in that release - most of the fixes are already
somewhere on the list in Nov/Dec, or I'll be happy to help you
work thorugh them.

I'll be available until Wed AM and then gone until Friday evening
at least

Jim