[PyKDE] PyQT 3.9 and QT 3.2.3 and the reparent method

Rob Knapp myddrin at myddrin.com
Tue Jan 13 15:23:01 GMT 2004

I'm trying to upgrade to 3.9 and QT 3.2.3 but I'm having issues with the
reparent method.

Below is an interactive session showing the issue.  According to the
newsgroups this error occurs when the extension returns NULL instead of
Py_None.  I've verified that I'm using sip 3.9 and not an earlier version.

I've played around some and this appears to be the only affected method
on QWidget.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?  Can anyone else reproduce?

 >>> from qt import *
 >>> app = QApplication([])
 >>> b = QWidget()
 >>> b.show()
 >>> b.repaint(1)
 >>> a = QWidget()
 >>> a.reparent(b, QPoint(0,0),1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
SystemError: error return without exception set