[PyKDE] PyQt and PyKDE on Mandrake 9.2

gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Jan 25 14:02:00 GMT 2004

> I'm trying to install PyKDE for slickbar on superkaramba. I'm getting
> snagged on the PyQt build.
>
> I've been having problems trying to get PyKDE installed on MDK9.1, so I
> upgraded to 9.2 and they are still popping up. First, python couldn't
> import libsip.so, I fixed that, then I was getting this error when I
> tried to import qt manually in python,
>
>   ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZNK9QSGIStyle9classNameEv
>
> I read the readme.linux file and added,
>
>   #define QT_NO_STYLE_SGI

>   $QTDIR/include/qconfig.h
>
> Then, I ran python configure.py on PyQt again, and ran make and got
> flooded with errors like this.
>
>   In file included from qtcmodule.cpp:197:
>   sipqtQSGIStyle.h:50: error:
>
> The error after error: varies but they all reference sipqtQSGIStyle.h .
> I am a newb, so its probably something dumb, but I've spent quite a bit
> of time to no avail on this and I've officially run out of things to
> try.

Since you are using configure.py, I infer that you are using PyQt and sip
version 3.9 and later. The latest version of PyKDE is 3.8 and requires
sip&PyQt-3.8.x.

Take a look at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61057
There is everything you need for Mandrake-9.2.

(it is not easy to install PyQt on a standard Mandrake system).

Gerard