[PyKDE] PyKDE error sipName_sortOrder

Russell Valentine russ at coldstonelabs.org
Thu Jan 29 02:48:00 GMT 2004

There is a individual who is trying to use a program I wrote in PyKDE. He
is running RH Fedora and has these rpms installed:

these are the version running in FEDORA core 1 ( yarrow ) build 2149
PyXML-0.8.3-1
PyQt-3.8.1-2
PyKDE-3.8.0-0.fdr.0.rh90
python-2.2.3-7
python-devel-2.2.3-7

When he runs it he gets this traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/kbbtray.py", line 26, in ?
from kfile import KFileDialog
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/kfile.py", line 24, in ?
from kio import KIO
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/kio.py", line 24, in ?
from kdeui import KAction
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/kdeui.py", line 24, in ?
from kdecore import KShortcutList
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/kdecore.py", line 35, in ?
import libkdecorec
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libkdecorecmodule.so: undefined symbol: sipName_sortOrder

This looked somewhat familar with the message posted earlier about setting
libkdeui.so.4.1.0 in your LD_PRELOAD env variable. Although a bit
different. I had the person try it, but it didn't help. Anyone know what
this may be from? I don't get the error and I have the same version of
PyKDE and PyQt. He didn't tell me what version of Qt and KDE he had,
probably what comes with Fedora.

Thanks

Russell Valentine