[PyKDE] Debugging Threads in Eric

Andrew Bushnell awb at fluent.com
Thu Jul 1 01:04:01 BST 2004

the thread implementation in Eric currently auto traces all threads.
What you could do, though is:

launch eric using the non-threaded client, this will only debug your
main thread.

using the latest eric, you could make use of the new breakpoint command
so in the thread you want to single set, you could put the following code:

import sys
if hasattr(sys, "breakpoint"):
     sys.breakpoint()

when the sys.breakpoint triggers, you are in the debugger and can single
step that thread..

Detlev can correct me if I misspoke at all.

Hope this helps.

--
Andrew Bushnell
awb at fluent.com