[PyKDE] error while creating c++ code for kdeui module

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Mon Jul 5 17:37:01 BST 2004

john smith schrieb:
>> You need a sip4 version more recent than rc2. Just get the 4.0 release
>> from riverbank.
>>
>> greetings
>>
>> Torsten
>

> When i try to install sip following the install instructions i get the
> following error msg:
> sip-4.0 $ python configure.py
> This is SIP 4.0 for Python 2.3.3 on linux2.
> Error: These Qt libraries were found: qt qt-mt. Use the -l argument to
> explicitly specify which you want to use.
> sip-4.0 $
>
> but neither sip nor python supports the -l argument, any ideas?

1. Specify the QTDIR env variable, I do not know what Qt home is for Gentoo
2. the -l argument applias to configure.py, python configure.py --help
gives you a list of options
3. Does Gentoo have -dev{el}-packages? Maybe you need to install Qt
headers and devel libs to build sip

I think you will have to rebuilt PyQt after upgrading sip. Isn't there
an ebuild for gentoo using sip4?

greetings

Torsten

--
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858