[PyKDE] eric3 Mac OS X Success

Conrad Christensen conrad.christensen at telia.com
Mon Jul 19 08:23:00 BST 2004

Hi,

Just a note to let you know that I've got eric3 working fine under Mac
OS X.  Saving works -- people had a problem with this in a previous
thread.  Here are the versions of the bits I used:

qt-mac-free-3.3.2 - Remember to apply patch README.MacOS in qscintilla
distribution.
qscintilla-1.60-gpl-1.3 - Remove threads from CONFIG line in
qscintilla.pro
sip-4.0.1
PyQt-mac-gpl-3.12
eric-3.4.2

I'm not running eric3 in a bundle, # open /usr/local/bin/eric3 in a
terminal window is sufficient.

The only bug I encountered so far is that I have to click Close all
Files before I quit, otherwise eric3 crashes upon quitting.

I'm thinking about creating an eric mac .app bundle with everything
included -- but I need to have a closer look at all the licenses
involved.

Cheers,
Conrad