[PyKDE] Using KWinModule produces Error

Martin Kügler martin.kuegler at utanet.at
Thu Jul 22 12:08:01 BST 2004

Hello,

I am a long time python programmer but new with KDE. Lately I installed
SIP, PyQT and PyKDE on my Mandrake 9.2 System with Python version 2.3 (#2,
Aug 31 2003, 17:27:29) and everything worked fine and the first examples
work great - I really appreciate this QT an KDE bindings!
however when I try to do the following:

import sys
from qt import *
from kdecore import KWinModule
app=QApplication(sys.argv)
mod=KWinModule()

the program does start but writes
QObject::connect: Cannot connect QWidget::destroyed() to
(null)::x11FilterDestroyed()

to the console and it is e.g. not possible to connect to a signal defined
in KWinModule. It does not throw any more errors but simply does not call
the slot.
Does anyone know this beviour? Is there a way to work around it?

Thanks a lot for any hints or advices!
Martin