[PyKDE] Superkaramba theme could not load PyKDE

Maciej Sitarz macieksitarz at wp.pl
Fri Jul 23 21:05:01 BST 2004

Hi
I'm using Mandrake 10 and I have a problem with superkaramba and a theme
called Slickbar http://kdelook.org/content/show.php?content=5658

The error log:
"WARNING: Could not load PyKDE. QuickLaunchPanel will not run without
it. It is available at:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pykde/download.php"

The theme uses PyKDE and PyQt. I read a post on the mailing list
http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/pipermail/pykde/2003-October/006197.html
but the problem wasn't resolved :/
I did the advices written there and here it is what I recieved:
$ rpm -qa | grep "sip\|PyQt\|PyKDE"
PyQt-3.12-1mdk
libsip10-3.8-3mdk
PyKDE-3.11.1-1mdk10
libsip10-devel-3.8-3mdk
PyKDE-devel-3.11.1-1mdk10

$ python
 >>> import qt
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named sip

$ ls /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/ | grep "qt\|kde\|sip"
ls: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/: No such file or directory

so I did:
$ ls /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ | grep "qt\|kde\|sip"
kdecore.so*
kdefx.so*
kdeprint.so*
kdesu.so*
kdeui.so*
libsip.a
libsip.so@
libsip.so.10@
libsip.so.10.1@
libsip.so.10.1.1*
pykdeconfig.py
pyqtconfig.py
qtcanvas.so*
qtext.so*
qtgl.so*
qtnetwork.so*
qt.so*
qtsql.so*
qttable.so*
qtui.so*
qtxml.so*

If you could help me, I would be very pleased
thanks

--
Mac!eK