[PyKDE] GUI and PyQt - how to begin?

Michael Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Jun 1 11:54:01 BST 2004

Am So, den 30.05.2004 um 10:03 Uhr +0200 schrieb Thorsten Kampe:
> I'm trying to wrap my head around my first GUI program with PyQt, but
> I still have big problems with the GUI "event driven" paradigm and the
> OOP terminlogy.

<shameless self-promotion>

Did you try reading "Python und GUI-Toolkits"? This one aims at giving
you some background to how event driven programs work, what makes a
GUI-Toolkit at all etc. It contains a presentation of a "full-fledged"
application which is layed out GUI-Toolkit independent in the core and
than later on finished with

 * wxWidget
 * PyGTK
 * PyQt
 * Tkinter

</shameless self-promotion>

Cheers,

--
:M:
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer   mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
  Raum 10b - ++49 69 798 28358       Fachbereich Informatik und Biologie