[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.11rc1 build failure (against kdelibs-3.2.3)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Jun 2 00:07:01 BST 2004

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 13:55, Rex Dieter wrote:
> I'm trying to package PyKDE-3.11rc1 against soon-to-be-released
> kdelibs-3.2.3, and hit a build failure.  (Don't see this problem against
> kdelibs-3.2.2.  Below is the failed build log:

> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> sip: KPty is undefined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

In PyKDE-3.11rc1/sip/dcop/dcopmod.sip.in, find the %Timeline stmt and add to
the end:

   KDE_3_2_3

In PyKDE-3.11rc1/configure.py, modify the kdetags to look like:

    kdetags = {
        0x030001: "KDE_3_0_0",
        0x030003: "KDE_3_0_1",
        0x030100: "KDE_3_0_3",
        0x030101: "KDE_3_1_0",
        0x030102: "KDE_3_1_1",
        0x030103: "KDE_3_1_2",
        0x030104: "KDE_3_1_3",
        0x030105: "KDE_3_1_4",
        0x030200: "KDE_3_1_5",
        0x030201: "KDE_3_2_0",
        0x030202: "KDE_3_2_1",
        0x030203: "KDE_3_2_2",
        0x040000: "KDE_3_2_3"
    }

(you'll need to change the existing last line and add the last three lines
shown above).

Actually, it seems unlikely those would cause the problem you're seeing, but
the changes should be made anyway.

Make sure that PyKDE-3.11rc1/sip/kdecore/kpty.sip exists too.

Even with those changes, I wouldn't guarantee it will build, compile, link and
load, but it's worth a try. If 3.2.3 is binary compatible with 3.2.2 (and
there probably are few if any changes), it should work.

Jim