[PyKDE] (no subject)

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Thu Jun 3 19:23:04 BST 2004

A new realtime pseudo-tutorial.

For those who have not seen the first one, here's the main idea:

* I decide I want to write something
* I write it (somewhat) quickly.
* I write a description of what I am doing, as I am doing it, and slap
some timestamps.

In this particular instance, on a discussion at the dot I had to open my
mouth about how writing a spatial file manager is easy.

Well, here's a piece of one. In particular, it's a sort of simple spatial
file browser since it doesn't manage files at all, but it's a start ;-)

http://www.pycs.net/lateral/stories/28.html

In particular, if you read it, you get hints about how to handle
exceptions gaphically, how to use the shelve module for preferences, a bit
about QActions and some other stuff.

Hope you like it, and if someone wants to write the rest of the app, just
let me know ;-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Imminentizing the eschaton since 1971.