[PyKDE] Run time error

Maurizio Colucci seguso.forever at tin.it
Mon Jun 21 23:17:05 BST 2004

Hello again,

I installed pyKDE on suse 9.1 from the RPM found on the pyKDE site.
(The RPM was for suse 9, but I had to use it because pyKDE
is not included in suse 9.1, unlike pyQT).

When I try to run any sample app, I get

> python menudemo.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "menudemo.py", line 46, in ?
    from kdecore import KApplication, KCmdLineArgs, KAboutData, i18n, KIcon, KIconLoader, KShortcut
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/kdecore.so: undefined symbol: _ZN18KProcessController18slotDoHousekeepingEi

I read the troubleshooting page, so I did

>  c++filt _ZN18KProcessController18slotDoHousekeepingEi

and I get

KProcessController::slotDoHousekeeping(int)

What should I do now?

Thanks

Maurizio