[PyKDE] eric3 possible annomoly ?

Dave S eric3 at pusspaws.net
Wed Jun 23 23:41:01 BST 2004

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

>Hi,
>
>thanks for supplying your little test app. I found the bug. The
>correction will be in the next snapshot. In the mean time, the
>workaround shown below will overcome the problem.
>

>Am Montag, 21. Juni 2004 19:41 schrieb Dave S:
>

>>Detlev Offenbach wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,

>>>I just tried to reproduce your problem with my testscripts and
>>>everything was working ok. Please mail your script, which is showing
>>>the described behavior.
>>>

>>Sure thing ... its pretty simple ...
>>
>>#!/usr/bin/env python
>>"""
>>A testbed app
>>"""
>>

>import sys
>

>>def testbed():
>>    print 'hi I am a test print'
>>
>>def test():
>>    for a in range(100):
>>        testbed()
>>
>>test()
>>

>sys.exit(0)
>

>The last line causes the atexit handler to fire, which writes the
>profiling data.
>

>>Its not a great problem, I just shut down eric and re-start it. Then
>>the datas there.
>>

>Exiting the client will fire the atexit handler as well.
>

>>python 2.3.3
>>qt 3.3.2
>>pyqt 3.8.1
>>qcintilla 1.2
>>eric 3.4.2

>>>The "Erase ..." entries erase the profile and/or timing data on disk,
>>>not the display. That's why the menu entry is grayed out.
>>>

>>Ahh that explains it ...

>>>Detlev
>>>

>Detlev

Im glad to help,

Can I just take this opertunity to say how great eric3 is :-)

My coding has grown to 5 .py scripts of a few hundred lines of code.
Your editor is
fab, breakpoints great & profiling is so usefull to find the slow spots.

I know I am not using all eric3s capabilities yet ... but I intend to in
the following months.

Many thanks for all your effors in developing eric3, you are doing a
fine job

Dave