[PyKDE] eric3 and x86_64

Rick L Vinyard Jr rvinyard at cs.nmsu.edu
Sun Jun 27 21:16:01 BST 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 11:30 am, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Do you know where I could find a little script to test the
> > qscintilla library?
>
> No, sorry, but what does something like:
>
> python -c "from qtext import QextScintilla"

Unfortunately, no problems loading the library...

bash-2.05b$ python -c "from qtext import QextScintilla"
bash-2.05b$

But, that got me thinking, so I started digging into the qscintilla ebuild. I
installed qscintilla from a tarball using the same commands as the ebuild
and... still errors. But, the commands were a very basic installtion
sequence, so no surprise there.

So, I dug a little further back, and found this in the sip ebuild:
	python configure.py -l qt-mt

This shouldn't be a problem, since my qt libraries are built with x86_64
threading support (as is glibc). In fact, I've used qt threads rather
extensively on this machine for about 5 months with no problems.

But, rebuilding sip against the qt libs rather than qt-mt seems to resolve
everything... and now the eric snapshot is working (and I would guess the
released versions of eric as well). Why? I haven't a clue, but it does.

I'm going to modify the sip ebuild, and if it works out, I'll post a patch and
a bug-fix for amd64 at bugs.gentoo.org.

Thanks for all your help Hans!

--
Rick L. Vinyard, Jr.