[PyKDE] eric3 and x86_64

Rick L Vinyard Jr rvinyard at cs.nmsu.edu
Sun Jun 27 21:47:01 BST 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 11:44 am, Phil Thompson wrote:
> Is the attached any use?

Oddly enough, I get:
	bash-2.05b$ python ed.py
	Segmentation fault
	bash-2.05b$

Also, here's something else to note:
	If I execute eric (I'm back to the gentoo 3.4.2 ebuild now), and close
without opening a qscintilla widget:
		bash-2.05b$ eric3
		bash-2.05b$
	But, during a session, if I open a qscintilla widget it works fine, but on
exit I get a segfault (perhaps widget destruction?):
		bash-2.05b$ eric3
		Segmentation fault
		bash-2.05b$

I modified the sip ebuild and all seems well enough now. If you're interested
in hunting down the segfaults I'd be happy to provide you with backtraces,
etc., but it doesn't (yet) seem to interfere with the operation of eric.

--
Rick L. Vinyard, Jr.
http://miskatonic.cs.nmsu.edu