[PyKDE] looking for PYQT based CAD package or basic Canvas operations

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Wed Mar 24 22:03:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 12:48:47PM -0800, Bill Halpin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am new to PyQt and I would like
> to put together a CAD package based on
> PYQT. I have looked at PythonCAD, but it is
> based on PyGtk and not PyQt.

Hi.

I'm the author of PythonCAD, and I'd _love_ to see a
PyQT or PyKDE front-end be added to the existing PyGTK
interface. The core code of PythonCAD does not depend
on GTK, only the interface stuff does, so it should
be possible to write a PyQT/PyKDE interface and add
it into PythonCAD without affecting any of the current
code. If you do pursue this work, and find that there
are deficiencies in the core PythonCAD code, I'll
be glad to work on fixing those problems.

Art Haas

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822