[PyKDE] QTextBrowser: no mimesource for

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 14:17:00 BST 2004

> Hello
>
> I want show html file (from internet and local filesystem) in my PyQT
> application.
> QTextBrowser-Widget  should do it.
>
>  When i load (setSource) a html i get always:
> "QTextBrowser: no mimesource for x.html"
> and a blank Textbrowser.
>
> I test a few things (set my own mimefactory.....) but i get always the
> same result. I search within internet and found 6 similar postings on
> different mailinglist/newsgroup, but no answer or working codeexample.
> What's wrong ?
>
> Please help me.
> Please post a working code example if possible.

Don't know what your problem is, but I have written something that uses a
QTextBrowser and extends it somewhat:

"PyBrowser: a nicer QTextBrowser" :-)

http://www.pycs.net/lateral/stories/17.html

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Imminentizing the eschaton since 1971.