[PyKDE] Re: pykde menu on mac

michael ferraro michael at possibleworlds.com
Wed May 5 02:57:01 BST 2004

Yeah,

you need to create a bundle that has the
icons and other resource in a subdirectory
of the .app directory.

the easiest and probably the best way is to
use the bundlebuilder package (I'm fairly
sure it comes with the 2.3 shipped with
Panther.

here is the script I used.  It contains usage
examples on lines 3-5.  I have been using
	python buildapp.py --link build
for a while now but I haven't rigorously tested
the other options.  The app icon is in KabukiApp.icns
When you double-click the app (which is in a build
directory) the application name will appear as
the leftmost menu.  I make a symbolic link
from the build directory to my source directory
to facilitate re-building and running.

M.

this is my buildapp.py file.

#! /usr/local/python

# -- python buildapp.py --link build
# -- python buildapp.py --standalone build
# -- python buildapp.py --semi-standalond build

import os

from bundlebuilder import buildapp

bases = ['UI_bases']

srcs = [ fn for fn in os.listdir('.') if fn.endswith('.py') and fn not
in ('Main.py', 'buildapp.py') ]

images = [ os.path.join('Images', fn) for fn in os.listdir('Images') if
fn.lower().endswith('.jpg') ]

buildapp(
	name = "Kabuki",
	mainprogram = "Main.py",