[PyKDE] Debian eric3 package

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Thu May 6 12:50:01 BST 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:12:22PM -0400, Kirill Lapshin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the status of debian package for Eric? Any unofficial packages
> out there? If nobody maintaining such a package, maybe someone has
> tools/instructions for creating one? Thanks.

There's a package but I have no interest so far to maintain it
officialy, just because I don't use it any often (not that I don't like
it, it's a nice piece of software). You can get it from my repo at
people.debian.org, the package's name is "eric3".

I sent the source package to a volunteer willing to maintain it some
months ago, but no answer so far (a case of RLS[1], I supposse).
Then I sent it to another one some weeks ago. Same result. There's a
third one (Torsten Marek) that have showed some interest on it, so I
think it's safe to say that he can take over the package the moment he
wants to. Torsten? You there?

If Torsten decline his previous offer, I'm open to other adoption
offers. My latest package is for Eric 3.4.1, but it needs some fixes
that I just realized a couple days ago. Anyway, before adopting it,
please, talk with me. There are a couple of things to point out about
the package.

[1] Real Life Strike