[PyKDE] eric3 first time user

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri May 7 18:02:01 BST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2004 10:42 schrieb Christian Sell:
> > > QWidget::setProperty( "sizeGripEnabled", value ) failed: property
> > > invalid, read-only or does not exist
> >
> > That's not causing the problem.
> >
> > Please answer the following questions.
> >
> > How did you install eric3?
>
> I installed from the eric-3.4.1.tar.gz file, building and installing
> all required libs first as described
>
> > What are the versions of the installed software (see Help menu)?
>
> Python 2.3.3
> Qt 3.2.1
> QScintilla 1.2
> PyQt 3.11
> eric3 3.4.1
> Bycicle Repair Man 0.9 cvs20040211
>
> > What is the configuration shown on the Debugger configuration page?
>
> Here we come to something interesting. My debugger config showed
> "remote debugging" as enabled (I probably turned it on because it
> sounded so interesting. After all my end goal is to debug Zope

Debugging Zope stuff doesn't work yet. However, I am very interested in
some help in this area because I am unfamiliar with Zope.

> programs). Turning it off made the shell prompt appear, and even
> running and debugugging scripts is now possible. However stdout and
> stderr still remain empty, output from programs goes to the shell
> window (UserInterface.py is back to original).
>
> I find it rather strange that a setting as the above would disable the
> python shell and the run option - without any indication whatsoever.

This setting is meant to start a debugger via rsh or ssh on a remote
computer. That the case where no remote execution command has been
entered isn't checked is an error and will be corrected.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de