[PyKDE] Newbie MDI question

John Fabiani jfabiani at yolo.com
Tue May 25 19:13:00 BST 2004

Hi,
I'm a newbie (not only with PyQT but also Python).  But I do have
experience with M$ windows Visual FoxPro. So in the VFP world we use a
MDI format for our programs.  I'd like to continue this practice.  So
the question:

When I create a QMainWindow (my main window) I add my menu's etc...from
my menu actions I want to open a window in the space below the menu.
The type of window is the question.  Is the type of the new window also
a QMainWindow (my child window)without menu's?  If this is correct - can
the child window receive events from the main window menu/toolbar
etc...  If not what is the correct type of window do I use?

I know this may sound a little to simple but all the other GUI systems I
have looked at used a different window type for child windows.
TIA

John