[PyKDE] PyKDE Factoids

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed May 26 07:11:00 BST 2004

In looking for DCOP-enabled KDE apps tonight, I ran across cxxmetric in
kde3/bin, which will compute the number of code lines/comments/blank lines in
a set of h/cpp files.

Running it on PyKDE shows a little over 1.25 million lines of C++ code. That's
excluding comments or blank lines. There's some duplication of h files in the
various module subdirectories and extra/, but I'd guess that still puts PyKDE
over 1 million LOC (and there are more modules coming)

Those are mostly generated automatically by sip of course - I doubt the amount
of actual written lines of C++ code is more that a few thousand lines. PyKDE
binds about 700 classes and over 10,000 methods..

Now you know why it takes so long to compile.

Jim