[PyKDE] eric segfault

Peter Maxwell peter.maxwell at anu.edu.au
Thu May 27 08:57:00 BST 2004

I had eric3 working (MacOSX, qscintilla-1.60, PyQt-3.11, eric-3.4.2)
but since it was crashing every couple of days (which is much less
often than PyOXIDE BTW) I tried PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-20040518 in the
hope it might fix something.  Since then attempting to run eric3 has
only produced:

Qt: QWidget::metric unhandled parameter 0
Qt: QWidget::metric unhandled parameter 0
Qt: QWidget::metric unhandled parameter 0
Qt: QWidget::metric unhandled parameter 0
Qt: QWidget::metric unhandled parameter 0
Segmentation fault

There's a fair pause between the Qt warnings and the segfault, so they
may not be related.

I reinstalled PyQt-3.11, but the problem remained.  I used the output
from "make install" to get a list of files installed by the PyQt
snapshot and deleted them, then reinstalled 3.11, but even that didn't
fix it.  Reinstalled eric, no change.  Today I installed PyQt 3.12 but
that didn't help either.

Any clues?

Thanks,
  -- Peter Maxwell