[PyKDE] QMainWindow and paintEvent

gianlum gianlum at email.it
Tue Nov 2 16:05:19 GMT 2004

Hello.

I am writing an application that need to draw some lines. With the
qt-designer, I create a QMainWindow as main window and all the other widget.

As the documentation said, to draw into a Canvas (or all other widgets) I must
redefine the paintEvent method.

All work good, but when I must update the Canvas (for example when the window
lose the focus and is overlapped from another window), the Canvas were not
updated until I do something (press a key).

It look as the paintEvent is put on the queue, but it is not processed for
some reason.

So I have two question:

1) What are the correct way to write an application with a QMainWindow as main
widget and have a canvas or a pixmap that work as expected, so they are
updated when needed ?

2) How I can force the application to pump the event queue ? (for example in
pygame there is the pygame.event.pump() )

thanks in advance
bye
Gianluca

 Sponsor:
 Dai più energia al tuo sport! Rigenera il tuo corpo in maniera naturale
* Grazie agli integratori sport che trovi solo su Erboristeria.com
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2379&d=2-11