[PyKDE] Using custom components and Qt Designer with QWidgetFactory in PyQt

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 17:24:52 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 16:55, Truls A. Tangstad wrote:
> We use QWidgetFactory
> exclusively to generate the widgets runtime from the .ui-files, and
> using pyuic would put us back into gui-design stoneage again (gui
> mixed too much with other code, and hard to redesign components).

Its always nice to hear about alternative techniques that make my current
standard practice look stoneage... do you have any public documentation about
how this works and why it is good?

> Is there a way to use Qt Designer to embed python-created components
> into dialogs etc. when they are loaded with QWidgetFactory inty our
> python application?

For the occasional custom widget on a pyuic form we either insert an empty
QFrame and manually create the widget inside it, or insert a QLabel
placeholder that gets manually replaced. All stoneage stuff I guess....

--
Toby Dickenson