[PyKDE] Problem resolving widget's class

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Nov 7 17:17:12 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 08:43, Fredrik Juhlin wrote:

> As I stated in my initial mail, I run  SIP 4.1.1, PyQt 3.13 and Python
> 2.3.3.

Sorry about that. The problem with doing all this through a web interface
is that it isn't as easy to refer back to earlier messages.

> I looked at my test code and the more I thought of it, the more
> convinced I got that using close(1) should be OK. But I rewrote it to use
> close() and deleteLater(). Since deleteLater() defers the delete, that
> should be safe enough.

Maybe.

> Running the new version, the error actually occurs sooner than before for
> me. I attached the updated test.py to this mail, it would great if you
> could try it and see if the error can be reproduced by you now.

I've tried both the original and the updated version on my own machine,
as opposed to my work machine, and both fail with AttributeError exceptions.
I'm not surprised that I see those, rather than segfaults, because I'm not
running a sanitised Fedora Core distribution at home that likes to suppress
all the errors.

I'll take another look at the problem and try to report back in the next
couple of days. You'll probably see my reply on the list because my webmail
service appears to be unable to deliver the messages I copy to your
strakt.com address.

David