[PyKDE] PyQt

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Wed Nov 17 12:14:26 GMT 2004

Hi,

> I am new to PyQt although I have experience in php.
> I have an application built in php and I am trying to
> convert it to PyQt. It uses a Mysql database to store and

The paradigms you're known to from http driven programming don't apply well in
the native gui world. That has nothing to do with python/php or qt
themselves, but follows from the overall design principles behind gui
toolkits and http/html.

I suggest you try to  read one of the tutorials out there, for example this

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-qt/?ca=dgr-linuxw02QTPyQT

Together with pyqt, there comes a bunch of examples you can also study to see
how things work. And of course Boudewijn Rempt's book is a great resource as
well:

http://www.opendocspublishing.com/pyqt/index.lxp

Regards,

Diez