[review] [PyKDE] Problems with PyKDE! Please let me know. Thanks.

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Nov 19 18:00:24 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 08:45, Rocco Orlando Rossi wrote:

> KDE version is 3.3.1 (0x30301)

> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> sip: KCalendarSystem is undefined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

There's apparently an error in the way configure.py is generating files for
KDE 3.3.1. It does two things that are relevant here: it generates a list of
files to generate bindings from (*.sip files) depending on the KDE version,
and it generates a version identifier that's used for conditional code
generation. What's probably happening is the list generated doesn't match the
version, because KDE 3.1.3 was released for KDE <= 3.3.0.

I don't have a quick fix. The one thing you could try as a workaround is to
modify /usr/local/kde3.3.1/include/kdeversion.h as follows:

#define KDE_VERSION_STRING "3.3.0"

#define KDE_VERSION_RELEASE 0

and then change it back after PyKDE builds.

I haven't tested PyKDE against KDE 3.3.1 yet, so I can't guarantee it will
build. There's a good chance it will. A KDE 3.3.1 compatible release is at
least a few weeks away.

Jim