[PyKDE] Slow memory leak when paintCell is overridden in QListViewItem

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 20 02:40:39 GMT 2004

Hi, we have a module which displays some statistics in a QListView. We wanted to change how the list view looked like so we subclassed the QListViewItem and implemented our own paintCell method.

When we override the paintCell method, we observe a slow memory leak. If we do not override the paintCell method then the memory leak does not occur.

I am attaching a standalone version of the module that you can test.

We are running under Windows XP, PyQt 3.13, SIP 4.1, Qt 3.3.3 and Python 2.3.4 all compiled with Visual Studio .NET 2003.

The memory leak can be observed under the task manager, Processes tab, under the VM Size column.

I haven't verified yet if this is a problem with Qt or PyQt or maybe it is my code.

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98
Tel:650-926-3376 Fax:650-926-4335