[PyKDE] Lost in space

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Nov 28 19:31:41 GMT 2004

Apparently my satellite ISP lost contact with the satellite that services my
connection and it can't be repaired. Because of the phone system in my
particular area (analog multiplexed), I can't get better than 26Kbps speeds
on dialup.

The only thing this really affects wrt PyKDE is the upcoming KDE 3.3.2
release, which should be out in a day or two. It isn't practical for me to
download KDE rpms over dialup at low speed (I get around 100K*B*ps, or about
32X faster via satellite).

I expect this to take a week or more to resolve, as I'll either need to change
providers or at the very least have the dish re-aimed, and neither will
happen quickly.

The changes from 3.3.0->3.3.1 were minor and I expect even fewer changes with
3.3.2. In the most recent snapshot (available shortly) PyKDE should build
with KDE versions newer than what it was originally built against (unlike the
problems people had building against 3.3.1 with PyKDE 3.11.3).

Jim