[PyKDE] qApp issues

Hihn, Jason Jason.Hihn at verint.com
Tue Nov 30 17:08:44 GMT 2004

I have python embedded in my app, and I wish to use my application's
window as the parent for some dialogs created (and coded) in python
land. Is there a way to get the main widget in C++ to be the parent of
Python?

I need my python dialogs to:

1) Be modal w.r.t my app window,

2) Not show up in the task bar.

I think setting the parent to my C++ window will fix these. Also if I
can work around it, and disable the task bar entry and make the dialog
always-on-top, that should work too, but won't be as elegant.

As of right now, the from qt import * line makes a qApp of its own, in
addition to my C++ qApp.

Thanks!

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail. (1)