[PyKDE] Eric: Can't bind more than one key to the same function.

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Oct 3 09:04:53 BST 2004

Am Samstag, 2. Oktober 2004 21:38 schrieb Parzival Herzog:
> On October 2, 2004 04:52, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > The dialog accepts a sequence of keys. If this doesn't work, please give
> > an example keysequence because I have tried some and these worked.
>
> Sorry, I must have been confused... yes, as a sequence the definitions
> work. Would it be possible to also have _multiple_ key bindings to one
> function?
>
> That would make it possible to configure eric so that it is keystroke
> compatible with, say, kate, where e.g. cut is invoked by both ctrl-X, and
> by shift-del, copy by ctrl-C and by ctrl-ins, paste by ctrl-V and by
> shift-ins.

That would be possible, but is a mayor change because Qt doesn't support
alternative keysequences for a QAction. This means, that every QAction has to
be duplicated for the alternative keysequence. Therefore it will not be done
for the 3.5 release. However, it might show up in the 3.6 development one
day.

Regards,
Detlev
--