[PyKDE] SIP Changes to Support ActiveX

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 11:11:17 BST 2004

On Sunday 03 October 2004 9:07 am, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Am Samstag, 2. Oktober 2004 18:54 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> > The current SIP v4 snapshot has a new implementation of connections
> > between Qt signals and Python slots/callables. This is needed to support
> > "external" signals from ActiveX controls on Windows. It may also be
> > needed for DBUS support in Qt v4.
>
> Does this mean, we will get PyQt for Qt 4.x once it's released?

I'm not saying when PyQt for Qt 4 will be released. Previously I have said
that I only support final releases of Qt, ie. I wouldn't start until 4.0 was
released. The process tends to be time consuming - to the extent that Disney
funded the initial development of PyQt v3 in order to speed it up.

That said, I now have tools to help automate the process and I'm considering
supporting (at least partially) a Qt 4 pre-release - no promises though.