[PyKDE] eric3: Feature requests

Michael Reimpell m.reimpell at tu-bs.de
Fri Oct 8 22:38:50 BST 2004

I recently switched from eclipse to eric3. I'm quite happy with eric3, however I
have following feature requests:

Class Browser:
The sequence of classes and functions in a source file is often intentional.
Therefore it would be nice to have an option to sort the outline in the order
the classes and functions appear in the source file.

The function icons should respect private methods (those beginning with an
underscore resp. not mentioned in __all__). Also, non-public and static members
should be hideable.

It would be nice if the class browser could display fields resp. variables,
again with an option to hide them.

Navigation/Editing (This is probably QScintilla related):
I miss the "Goto last edit location" option very much. It is very convenient to
be able to skim the source during editing and return to the last edit location
quickly.

Implementing the autocompletion boxes less obtrusive. ATM it's quite hard to
leave them.

I'm sorry that the above is only words, no code,
Michael