[PyKDE] The tablet event, it works not!

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Thu Oct 14 13:51:31 BST 2004

I heard Kaleb Pederson said:

> I do, sorry :)  Even though I don't have the wacom module loading on
> mine, I can use my tablet in Gimp -- I just can't use the tablet
> specific items.

I can. All of them are recognized alright: pointer, stylus, eraser.
Additionally, the pointer is in relative mode and the others in
absolute mode -- which is not the case when X is using the tablet with
a -mouse- driver. I really, really triplechecked this, you know. :)

> Nothing special is required, just the catching of the tabletEvent
> signal.
>
> I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks.
I'm beginning to suspect a Qt bug. I ported my example to C++, and it
doesn't work either. I re-re-rechecked my Qt compilation log and tablet
support is definitely turned on.

Could it be that Qt didn't compile tablet support even though the
configure script claims it did? If so, how can I check?

-- S.