[PyKDE] more complex rich text / HTML

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Fri Oct 15 17:40:11 BST 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:36:23, Andrew Dalke wrote:

>My crazy thought is to embed a native HTML widget for
>the different platforms, so that I use IE to display
>under MS Windows, Safari for Mac, and Konqueror for Linux.
>(That's all I need to support.)
>
>While the last is definitely possible, I can't find
>an example of embedding IE nor even a hint that this
>might be possible on Mac OS X.

As others have suggested, using a KHTML widget might be easier than trying
to embed Konqueror (which itself uses a KHTML part to display HTML).

On Windows, you might be able to use the Qt's Active X facilities to
embed IE, and you might get quite far on the Mac by using the QXEmbed
class from PyKDE's kdeui module.

The PyKDE distribution includes example code for both KHTML and QXEmbed,
so it shouldn't be too hard to get something working on Linux and Mac OS X.
Either way, you'll probably need PyKDE on those platforms.

Ask again if you need more help, and let us all know how you get on.

David

Signup at www.doteasy.com